Yep, this is how I colored her in a few easy steps:
1) got her and leveled the blacks
2) extracted the oultine from the scan (dyed it afterwards)
3) Got the flats done (trying to mix'em with sum color background getting their opacity a little lower)
4) Added the "light" colors
5) Midtones (here I dyed the outline a little darker than the flats)
6) Shines and red cheeks and nose
7) Color filter (blue-purple on the feet, a little green on her right...)
8) Sum intense light yellow on her face with the overlay blending mode, the smoke and sum details (
9) Black Background and sum green to separate it. Also a white stroke by hand.
Hope this helps a little bit to understand this color process.
Hasta siempre y adelante!